Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Running Running Running (from Zombies!)

I just finished week 2 of my 5k training program, and man do I feel good!  Well, my legs are wobbly and my face still looks like a tomato a half hour later, but SO PROUD.

Okay I know this isn't crafty related, but whatever, it's my blog and I'll post about running if I want to!

I think I mentioned it before, but I started the Zombie Run! 5k Training program.  Guys, this is so much fun!  It's like you're dropped into a RPG, and I'm so excited to go for a run every day.  I have to force myself to only go every other day so I don't hurt myself, but I'm literally stoked every time I get to go out to run!  I just want to know what happens this time and this time and this time.  :)

It's sort of important that I get trained up because I uh...signed up for the Klondike Road Relay this year, where we run from Skagway, Alaska to Whitehorse, Yukon.  No, I'm not running the whole 175 kms myself, just Leg 1.  Sound easy?  Here, look at Leg 1:

Why yes, that does indeed say 442 m/1450 ft elevation mostly in the last 10 kms.  Oh hell.  I'm committed to run the first 4.2 km, and will likely walk/crawl/drag my ass up the rest.  Could be worse though; I could be running Leg 2:





4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the running. Awesome! That gradient looks appalling - goodthi you'll be fit by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. What sadist thought of that run? The car that we had when we lived in Whitehorse could barely handle that drive, I'm almost not kidding, the car was a Hyundai Pony, which never failed to start, even at -53C so it wasn't all bad. Anyway. Wow. That is some race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That...really doesn't help! AHAHAHA omg.

      Delete
  3. Way to go! I'm so far behind on training for my bike tour in July-good on your for working towards this run! That elevation looks super scary, but it sounds like you're being realistic and have a good plan for the run!

    ReplyDelete