Monday, March 12, 2018

wip: Fuzzy Lamb and some other stuff


Whew, it's been a while!  I've been busy teaching classes, running a busy shop, trying to catch up on paperwork (ARGH PAPERWORK), and training a new employee.  I'm definitely creating though.  My current favourite project is one I just started on Saturday, but that's been on my brain for a while now.

Current Projects
Fuzzy Lamb is a ridiculously adorable pattern by Fuzzy Mittens, and I've been itching to knit it ever since a customer came in looking for yarn to knit it a year ago.  When I opted to bring in Drops Alpaca Boucle, I knew I had to knit it up into this cute little lamb!

wip: Fuzzy Lamb
Though I have to tell you, the boucle is a nightmare to work with.  Cripes, I keep catching up those little loops, decreasing and increasing is a mess, and forget reading your fabric!  It's so ridiculously soft though, that it's worth the effort.

Current Projects
As you can see, I've got the body and legs done.  Two more limbs and a head, and I'll be able to start stuffing and sewing this adorable little stuffy.

Guys, I'm so stoked to have this little buddy in the shop.  I'm definitely going to have to knit a wee little sweater for it, and I can see working on a bunch of clothes and accessories for it.  EEEE so fun!

Current Projects
In other news, my sock class finished up this afternoon.  LOOK AT ALL THE SOCKS!  Almost everyone finished up at least one sock in the 3 week class, and a couple finished both today.  :)  I also finished up my pair, but I'll post about that another day, since I need to lengthen on and sew in about a thousand ends.

Current Projects
Also, Lady Aurora was stunning the other night, dancing right over-top of Whitehorse.  I should have driven up Grey Mountain for a view of the northern lights over the city, but instead I hoofed it down the path behind my house to get away from the streetlights and oogled the light through the trees.  Sorry for my crummy photo; I refused to deal with finding my good camera and just used my camera phone.

In a way, it's easy to forget how lucky we are here.  People make the trip north just to see the lights, and I often don't bother to go out to watch them.  But sometimes, you just need to go out and appreciate just how stunning our world is, and what beauty can be found, even in your backyard.

Ever seen the northern (or southern!) lights before?  I grew up watching them in Manitoba, but the displays are stunning up here.  You should definitely come up to see them (in the winter only - we don't even see the stars in the summer, with 20+ hours of daylight), and definitely pop in and say hello to me at my shop!  <3

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the shop is doing well. Free up some time and get a good bookkeeper, they are worth their weight in gold. I have rarely seen the northern lights in Prince George- far too many overcast nights, but when we lived in Grande Prairie Alta many years ago, I remember some stunning displays. Happy knitting
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rabbit!! Wow, what a great picture of the northern lights.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean lamb. Don't know why I said rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so great, especially in that boucle (no I am not moving my keyboard to CMC just so I can type the correct accent aigu on that e sorry French Immersion). This might be the only use of a boucle that I've ever liked ha! They are awful to handknit with, snagging everything.

    He's been in my queue pretty nearly since I joined Ravelry, on my birthday in 2007. I should really make him sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy lady! I'm glad you've been able to make time to keep knitting, and I hope your new employee helps to take the load off your shoulders a bit. I've never seen the lights, but my husband and I dream of a trip where we can. He's always talked about going to Norway, but a trip to Canada would be just as good and probably more manageable—and yarn tourism is always a plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rabbit.

    We are visiting the Yukon in Aug/Sept, and are hoping to glimpse the Aurora then - but I
    know it is iffy, as Haines Junction is as far north as we will travel.

    I will stop by the shop and say "hi".

    ReplyDelete