Saturday, September 23, 2017

Oops

So despite having several finished items to share with you, I haven't managed to find the time to take decent photos yet (and the one sweater now needs to be reblocked because I've worn it so many times, it's a bit stretched out).  Instead, I'm going to show you the new project I started!

This project is another accident.  Wasn't anywhere near my queue.  Wasn't even on the radar.

At this month's Northern Fibre Guild meeting, I borrowed this book from the guild library so I could read up on Fair Isle knitting and play with some of the charts in the book.  It's an interesting book with some gorgeous designs in it, despite the very strong 1970s vibe.  Oh the sexy moustachio'd man poses!  ::swoon::


And then this yarn arrived in shop.


And I had a closer look at the pattern on the cover.

Swatching for my new sweater
And then I swatched.

Oops, started a new sweater.
And now I'm knitting a sweater.

Oops.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh! I can see how this jumped queue! It's deevine even as a swatch! My lovely Karyn at work just finished a cardi for me out of possum merino in a gorgeous warm red that I love, but of course the weather has now turned and it's too warm. Must blog it. (btw I wrote a reply to your comment back on mine xo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love possum merino! I have some in the shop and I'm itching to knit it up into something awesome!

      Our weather has just turned and we're being harassed with the threat of snow now. Ugh not ready for winter yet. :P

      Delete
  2. Whoops! It happens to the best of us! And really, who can resist 1970s patterns? I love the colors in your swatch, this is gonna be a fantastic sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did (I blame the hottie with the moustashe and the bedroom eyes) and now we're going for it!

      Delete