Friday, January 29, 2016

Yarnworking and Coffee Drinking in Cuba

Cuba Yarnworks
Hola folks!  Don't have much time online after checking my email and updating facebook (and my Mom, as ordered) on my 1 hour of time.  But the Boyfriend declined the chance to check in himself so I'm stealing this time to send you all a hello and some progress pics for my yarnwork projects.

Cuba Yarnworks
I might've mentioned it, but I brought along yarn to knit socks while here.  The first pair I'm working on is a pair of Hermione socks, which is one of those super popular patterns that everyone and their dog has knit.

Cuba Yarnworks
I'm making pretty good progress so far, and should have this first sock done soon.  I love the yarn I chose.  Can't remember what it is, but it's in lovely shades of browns, greens and turquoise that remind me of the sea and also the wonderful Cuban coffee I can't get enough of.  These will definitely be dubed the Cuban socks once I'm finished with them.

Cuba Yarnworks
I think I'll hold off on sharing the other planned sock pattern, just in case I don't get to it.  But the other project I'm working on is my crocheted summer top I'd hoped to bring along with me.  I got the first sleeve done and, as you can see here, have started on the second one.  Then all I'll need to do is sew it together and block it, so hopefully I'll have a chance to wear it before we head back to wintery Whitehorse!

Anyways, I'd better sign off if I want to get this posted before my internet time cuts off.  I hope you all are doing wonderfully!  I'll catch up with what you've been up to when I get back, but please do tell me any fun(ny?) stories below!  If you do, I'll share some of the funnier photos of our trip, including my snog-fest with a (fake) cactus and the time I won a bottle of Cuban rum by singing in front of a crowd.  BTW?  I don't ever sing, so I'm DAMN PROUD.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a blast! I love the Hermione sock pattern so much-I have three pairs myself, and I even knit my mum a pair! Hope you keep enjoying yourself, and I look forward to hearing all about your Cuban adventures when you get back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Just love that green yarn - going to make lovely socks. Good luck with the crochet project - you have some motivation to get it done, and some time - perfect sort of holiday.

    ReplyDelete