Thursday, July 17, 2014

Welcome to My New Blog!

Bit of an older pic - I think I need to revisit bangs.
Hey there, I'm Heather, a prairie girl from Manitoba, living in and loving the Yukon.

So what's this blog going to be about?  Pretty much what it says on the tin.  Things I make, plus the occassional post on rocks.  Because rocks are cool.

What kind of things?  Well, I've been blogging over at Sewing on Pins for years, a sewing blog I started up while I was a grad student to chronicle my sewing adventures.  But in the last few years, my interests have spread out a bit, with a sudden and intense love affair with knitting, a budding love of gardening and embroidery, and so many other things.  I sort of felt like I'd outgrown my old blog and wanted to start fresh with a more general creative blog.

And why rocks, besides they're obvious coolness?  Because I'm a production geologist working at a local underground mine (yes, I work underground, and yes, it's incredibly cool.  I'll tell you more about it in another post).  And while I love my job, I feel like I'm losing a lot of the knowledge I gained during school because of lack of use.  So why not share it here, so you can see how cool rocks are too!

Anywho, I'm excited to be starting up a new blog, and I can't wait to share all of my various projects (finished and...less so) with you all! 

Happy making!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment