Monday, August 17, 2015

Half-way there, Henri

wip: Henri
So I have about a thousand other posts to write - including a bunch of finished projects.  Instead, and entirely because it just came off of the drying board and I can't stop petting it and admiring the cables, I'm going to post about my Henri.

Henri
Besides the name and shame post and it's most recent response, I don't think I've really blogged about this sweater.  Which is odd because I'm totally in love with it.  I started it back in December, when I couldn't stand not playing with the lovely Knit Picks City Tweed I'd bought for it.  The purple is scrumptious and the tweedy flecks appeal to the Grumpy Old Man that lives inside of my heart.  I knew it'd be perfect knit up in Holla Knits Henri, by Ann Leachman.

The pattern is interesting in that it's worked from side to side, starting at the wrist of one sleeve and knitting it, then casting on a ton of stitches and working across the body before binding off and knitting the second sleeve.  Then you repeat the whole process for the back.

Henri wip
I worked pretty steadily through the pattern, charting up the cable pattern across the body to make it easier to follow, and pretty much plowing through to the second sleeve of the front.  And then the Holla Knits KAL started in February, and I put Henri down to work on my Cardboard Cafe.  And I never really picked it up again.

Granted, stopping at the beginning of a bobble stitch pattern I hate making (but love once it's done) didn't help with that.

wip: Henri
The Boyfriend was being a brat while taking these photos. HE WOULDN'T STOP!
And then I did the Name and Shame post, and started to think about my Henri again.  Coincidentally, the Very Shannon Summer Sweater KAL started up at the end of July, and being a wip-friendly group, I decided to pick up Henri again for the KAL instead of starting a whole new sweater (like I almost desperately wanted).  It helped that I was still in my self-imposed 'No New Projects' timeline.

But mostly, I'm so in love with this sweater, and I want it finished so I can wear it constantly!

wip: Henri
I was a little worried that it would be too short.  It was looking awfully cropped pre-blocking.  I KNEW that it wasn't, that the cables would open up and it'd be the length I'd done some painful math to work out.  But that didn't stop me panicking.  So as soon as the front was off the needles, I blocked that sucker out.  Not only is it working up to be the perfect length, the fabric has softened up even more, hence why I can't stop petting it.  :)

wip: Henri

Now I've just got to knit the whole other half...

6 comments:

  1. You could make the back out of polar fleece and wear it now!! LOL! It I gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the flecky tweed, and purple is great color on you. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone said over on Ravlery:

      Purple + Tweed + Cables = Heaven!

      Delete
  3. That's looking great so far! I absolutely love the color you're using :) Good luck with the back! I can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete